Coral Vue Hydros

Green Star Polyp question?

ms71171

I have read from doing searches that GSP's sometimes will unexpectedly close up. Sometimes for a day all the way to a week. Is this true? Mine have all of sudden closed up and still have not opened for 3 days. My water tested fine and all my other xenia and mushrooms look better than ever.

Just be patient and wait?

harbingerofthefish

I've had my stars for a month now and they have never really expanded back to how they were in the LFS. They open up but instead of being 3/4' or so long with nice green tint to them, they are very short(1/4" maybe) and just tha pale pink. A the parameters test fine also. They sit about half way up in the column, and in an area of variable current due to my PH and HOB. I hve a 32 watt PC on a 5 gal.

any ideas?

I've seen some cases take over a month to recover from some stress......it sucks but that is the way they are.....just be patient they will evenually open back up.

Cameron

good to hear. about half of mine just closed up the other day because i was trying out this crappy skilter and the damn thing blasted them with water flow, they looked weathered after it happened so who knows how long it'll be before i see them again *sigh* :(

i have kept GSP's for about a year now, and the longest that they were retracted was about an hour or 2...

even when touched..thrown, fell from rock..picked on by fish..ETC. :)

so i dunno

IME, mine gets ticked if he gets any algae or detritus build-up on him at all. If he closes up, I know it's time to take a toothbrush after his purple mat. I'll scrub the heck out of him until he's clean, and then he'll open up within about 4 hours.

Archived