ReefCleaners.org

Thaaar she blooows ...

Fliger

RIP

12G DX

9/23/05

Lost a few corals but not too bad.

What is the next step? Do I contact JBJ directly? Or go thru Nano Customs where I got it? Real bummer, I'm going to have to set something up in the interim, wife won't be too pleased ....

Just cracked .... no apparent reason.

lol...i love the title...lol..it really fits the Nanocube..lol..sorry tp hear about it though...if i were you i would try and get my money back (which i doubt would happen) and get a normal AGA tank...if you need something small than get a 10g or the 15g. or the 16g bowfront is really nice...

Sorry to here about your Nano...I upgraded to my 12g DX from a 7g A-life glass cube... my fingers are crossed as I have 2 short scratches. I think the magnetic cleaner that JBJ gives you with the tank caused them.

Do you really think the cleaner magnet can do that? I wonder if thats wear mine came from :| ???

I don't think that would cause scratches though.. anyone else?

Damn it, when even I see a 12 crack, it makes me want to run home (hour drive) and check mine. Im starting to get really paranoid.

Sorry to hear about the loss, will refund you or at least replace it (so you can sell it :P ) How long was it set running?

About the magnetic cleaner causing scratches..yes, I do believe they do with a sand particle caught against the glass.

I also notice that the strength of the magnetic attraction between the two parts of the cleaner is very strong.

The cleaner is dragged or pulled across the glass to clean and it could stress the glass.

When you pull the cleaner across the glass, it does have some resistance as the inside cleaner moves with the outside part in your hand...just my opinion....but these cracks do seem to be stress related and the glass is really thin.

Archived