Coral Vue Hydros

? about Aqua Fuge hang on Refugium

s3aL

Im thinking about picking one of these up but I ony have 4 and 1/4 inches of space behind my tank. Now I checked these out on a few websites and there dimension of how wide they are varies from 4" to 4 1/2 inches. Im just wondering what it really is. If anyone knows or can messure theres to check and see how much space you need, that would be great. If its only 4", it would BARELY fit so I hope someone has a accruate messurement ;) .

buy it...if it doesn't fit, pull your tank out a bit at a time(use at least three people to do so). i normally wouldn't say to do so, but i had to do it with my gf's 55g because she and her roommate put the tank less than 3inches from the wall and already had filled it up and put rock and sand in. anyway, buy it and if it won't fit with some space to spare, pull the tank out from the wall.

-danny

oh, it's not safe to move a tank full of water...but when it's necessary, you just have to do what you gotta do. btw, i saw you on myspace.com's nanoreef club...we went to the same hs. you looked really familiar, but i don't know if that's the reason. in any case, you probably knew my brother...he graduated in '99 and had bright red hair(dennis haley). anyway, lmk if you have any other questions.

-danny

MY CPR aquafuge is currently set at 5.5" back from the tank. It could be set anywhere from 4.5-6". the difference is how far from the back of the tanks do you want your in/out tubes. I wanted mine pretty close to the back glass, thats why its currently set at 5.5"

yoshiod9: Wow thats weird. Ya I knew Dennis. Was a pretty good soccer player. Had him in a couple classes. Your his younger brother right? Ive seen you around at vanden before to I think. Small world B) .

MattC: Thanks for the info.

Might be scrapping the idea of getting the hang on Refugium for now atleast. Thinking of buying a Deltec MCE600 skimmer to replace my Remora annd bakpak B) . Gunna have to just buy it without thinking about how much it cost :D .

yeah, that's me. :) a deltec, huh?? that's going big league on us! if you need any help with set up or anything, lmk. i'd be more than happy to help out if i'm back home. having a fuge is a great idea though...don't throw it out just cuz you're trying to upgrade your skimmer. are you running a sump setup? if not, how are you planning on a deltec? (please don't say hob...lol. deltec's cost too much for you to have a hob type!). anyway, goodluck man!

Ill be sure to ask you any questions I have. Yeah im planning on getting the Deltec MCE600 hang on. I really dont wanta deal with a sump(and the fact that I really dont have room for one). Thats why I was gunna get the Aqua fuge hang on. I will still get the hang on Refugium, just not at this moment. Yeah the Deltec is pricey, $480.00 shipped I think.

Archived