Coral Vue Hydros

Free Purple Sea Urchin!

tinyreef

i'm not looking for anything for this guy. just pick it up and it's yours. i'm looking for a home for it, that's all.

i'll post a pic when i get my digital back. it's about 2" diameter at the test and 5"~6" spike to spike. i've had it for about two years. it's grown about 40% imo during that time.

it's strictly nocturnal (for me). when it does show its body it is cool looking. it rumbles along with its feelers testing along the way. it isn't bothering my corals or anything but is eating my coralline. :(

you are a police officer? do you work in boulder colorado by chance? just an inference from your evidence finding abilities.

I might be interested in putting it in my fuge. but would a 24 hour photo period freak it out? I can get a timer.

"Sea urchins eat plant and animal matter, including kelp, decaying matter, algae, dead fish, sponges, mussels, and barnacles."

would I have enough decaying matter in my fuge? and If I did he probably would compeat too much with my pods. you'vr had him for a while what do you think?

tg,

i assume the 1st part wasn't for me. ???

this guy will suck up your coralline. it's a strongylocentrotus purpuratus, i think. ???

he may go after algae but i have a pretty efficient cleanup crew (except lately : , but i think it's from my biz trips a couple months ago, i.e. overfeeding from autofeeder) so it doesn't really have anything to munch on other than the coralline. you could feed it i guess to supplement its diet but i've never bothered to. :blush:

i don't think the lack of light will freak it that much as long as you have overhangs and caves/crevices for it. i've never noticed it bother or be bothered by pods, snails, crabs, or fish. imo it's a strict herbivore.

unit, i'm on exit 145 on the gsp. about three and a half hours from you, i believe. X)

i live in essex but work in hudson county (kearny). i could do either location on the weekends but only my office during the week.

Archived