SaltCritters.com

heater killed everything in my tank tonight PLEASE HELP

wumang42

when the same thing happened to me, I kept everything in the tank and did about 5-6 20% water changes over that first week. In my case, my hermits and some snails had survived. I would suggest getting an Emerald crab, hermits, and snails and let them go to town on the ruins. It worked for me.

That is so sad. I would literaly cry if my tank got nuked like that. The rock should still be alright. I'd send you a frag if I had any, but my tank is just starting to grow out so I don't have any...:sad:

How are you holding up through all this? I'd be a mess.

I'l be sending off that heater this week for ya! I hope it helps in the long run.

I'm doing much better now, thanks for asking. I really appreciate everyone's help and concern. Reef keeping is such a gratifying hobby...it's just SO sad to see 3 years of hard work go down the drain. But, I must move on....there are more fish in the sea! And besides, all that previous reef keeping experience will get me back on my toes in no time!

Thats the spirit!

At least you're not saying "it crashed! I hate saltwater it sucks! who wants to buy all my equiptment I can't take this anymore!!!" I really hate to see those posts on here. It makes me sad to see people give up so soon after a crash.

Archived