Coral Vue Hydros

new round of "Name that Thing"

Auryn

Thing #1

this little bugger has been crawling around in my tank for over a month now.

I didn't buy him so Im guessing he came in on something that I put in the tank.

I havent seen it harass anyone or any corals.

I am just wondering what it is.

When it moves you dont see any part of its body like u do when nassarius or astreas move around.

Its flesh is dark-I've looked - and it has teeny tiny antennas

the colors in the pic are true to life snailid.jpg

Thing #2

I spotted this thing a few days ago when I got a glimpse of the back of this rock that I had never seen before. On it used to sit the green zoos I got from a fellow local club member.

I can't bring it closer to the camera for a closeup cause my clown is in a more violent mood than usual and I don't feel like fighting him off.

Basically there is this little hole in the rock and out of it come these thin transparent antenna like tentacles, each with a little white bubble like tip at the end. If I touch the rock they retract into the hole far enough that it just looks like an empty hole.

The pictures I could get of it are basically pretty useless cause they are all blurry and all you see of it against the rock are the little white bubble tips.

I know this isnt much but its the best pic I can get at the moment

bubbly2.jpg

The first is impossible to tell without a shot of the body/face. Cerith, maybe? Some nassarius species? Where's your latest stock come from? (Caribbean, Indo-pacific, etc.?)

The second could be a ball-tipped anemone (I forget the common name), or a terebellid worm, or...?

latest stock- some zoos- came from a fellow club member's tank- they were overpopulating his tank so he gave me some. The snail I guess must have been in my original lr cause nothing new has been put in the tank big enough to house that thing w/o going unnoticed.

the snail is definately not nassarius_ i have several of those and this guy looks nothing like them.

could that anemone be the reason why the zoos on that rock died?

Well, if it is a ball-tip, then it's non-photosynthetic and, in fact, hates light. Who knows. Did you try freshwater-dipping the zoo rock to check for nudis or Sundial snails?

Archived