Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

What are these little swimming creatures (not pods)

mainsworth

I know what pods are, and these aren't them.. I don't think. I've got a ton of little swimming bugs that hang out around the top of my tank. They don't crawl around the tank like pods, or get on the glass.

They are very tiny, and at first I thought they were sand. But if you look at them they swim. When I turn off the powerheads they hoover around the top and wriggle around. I'd almost say they look like baby brine, but these don't just appear do they? I've started feeding my tank brine lately, but does frozen brine contain eggs and would they hatch that easily?

I've found that any tiny little bugs always turn out to be pods. I am not an expert, but I have had several little "bug" things that looked different than what I thought pods looked like, and they were just pods or at least served the same purpose. I have had the tank for over a year and a half and haven't had problems. You may want to look futrther, but there is my take.

I'll bet they're copepods or mysid shrimp. Remember that there are many different types of pods.

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

like caesar said thier probably mysis shrimp. i have hundreds in my tank. mysis eyes reflect light. theres probably tonnes of them inside your rocks.

Archived