SaltCritters.com

4wheelin's 2.5 reef

4wheelin69

I started making this reef on 7-30-05 and Added a peice of black plastic from a trashcan and made a small overflow. I cut teeth and siliconed it in. I placed my filter in the overflow part so that it could be hidden, and then I would never see evaporation in the main display, I also have a auto topoff switch in there.

P7300267.jpg

P7300269.jpg

P8110283.jpg

ON 8-11-05 I started adding my first corals,

xenia, blasto, greenstar, zoos.

P8110270.jpg

a shot of the overflow

P8110282.jpg

Here is a few pics of what is in this tank.

My sexy surfing the GSP

P8200297.jpg

Some zoos and blasto

P9140387.jpg

P9140384.jpg

As of a couple of days ago

P9140378.jpg

Overflow as of today

P9170416.jpg

and another of today

P9170418.jpg

I hope you enjoy, now that I started all of this, I will be posting often.

I will be posting my sps 7 gal minibow later today.

Thanks guys, It is only 1 1/2 mths old. I have so much that I want to do, But taking my time. I need to find time to post my minibow, that is my pride and joy.

Yeah, the stupid fish store here had them and I didn't notice until it was too late, I have already bought the blue velvet nudibranch, and it died within 24 hours in my mini bow?? that is the only thing that I have lost. And the fish store here doesn't have anything to get rid of flatworms.

Flatworm eXit works great at removing flatworms, but you have to be careful with it. Siphon out all the worms you can first, then start dosing. Keep a pack of fresh carbon ready, as well as some fresh saltwater mixed up. I've never seen the medication mess with anything, but when the flatworms die, they release toxins that can screw with your tank. Water change and carbon will keep this in check.

And, I forgot to mention, I like the overflow as well :)

ProFlatlander15

i guess he likes thumbs up. good lookin tank 4wheelin i think we need a thread on the 'Trash Can Overflow Mod' lol. keep up the good work. your AC is on its way

Thanks ProFlatlander15 The AC 300 is going on the 2.5 rather than my mellinium 1000. I also have a fuge light to put over it. I think it is really comming along.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by 4wheelin69

P7300267.jpg

your gf has a really nice french manicure!

great tank too :D

i love the sexy shrimp ;)

Archived