Cultivated Reef

MH pendant over 24NC

NorCalTRD

The title pretty much says it. I'm just wondering if anyone has done it and if they like it. Would there be any downside besides having to lose the sleek look of the cube? Anyone have pics?

Thanks a lot,

Jordan

Seen it done but don't remember the thread...do a search. Have seen a few people done it a few months ago but haven't seen it since.

Good luck on your search.

One down side might be your fish deciding to do the high dive onto the carpet without a covered top.

If you're going to take the top off and go with a pendant you might as well go with the Oceanic 30g cube which is by far a superior tank and the bulk of what you pay for in the nanocube is the enclosed hood.

My question is, why would you want a pendant over a nanocube? Why not just sell your tank for whatever money you can get, then buy a 20g or 30g aga, then hang a pendant over it? It'd amount to the same thing over a lot less money. I'd buy an aga and hang a pendant over it. Along with a skimmer like the Aqua C Remora, an ice-probe, that'd be a sweet sump-less set up.

I would have loved to get a tank made now that I am neck deep in the hobby. However my LFS guy pushed me into the cube when I knew nothing. Im on a student budget and will be leaving to go to UC Davis next year so I don't want to go all out for fear of having to move everything again. I am just trying to get the most out of what I already have. I could do a MH upgrade in my hood but I am not the best DIY'r and am still up in the air with how to get more flow. I have a MJ 1200 with Hydor flow and it just doesnt seem like enough. Any more help. Shao-- You have the most awesome cube ever!

Thanks for all the help from this board,

Jordan

Run a smaller pump like the 900 or 606 with black vinyl tubing along the upper trim like me and just get some flare nozzels. This will give you plenty of flow from the front of your tank.

Archived