SaltCritters.com

Small Heaters?

Foogoo

Tetra makes some small heaters that can are meant for their hang on filters but can be adapted to many HO filters. Those are probably the smallest you can buy. They are a max of 4" long I believe. The smallest in tank ones would be 25 watts or so and around 6" - 8" in length.

Cameron

You mean those Tetratec heater add ons right? How do those heaters work? Are they just regular heaters meant to fit the hole on tetra filters? I'll have to check them out...

Originally posted by Foogoo

You mean those Tetratec heater add ons right? How do those heaters work? Are they just regular heaters meant to fit the hole on tetra filters? I'll have to check them out...

That's them. They are pretty low profile. The only thing you have to do is know that they aren't submersible. The top has to stay dry so some mounting to HO filters is your best bet.

Cameron

Actually, Wal-Mart of all godforsaken places has a cheap 7-watt fully submersible heater. It has no thermostat or any other control. You plug it in and it's on all the time, so it could potentially overheat a tank. But it's dinky, maybe four inches long.

those wal mart heaters suck i hadone on my 2.5 for a few weeks (around 3 or 4) and it did nothing my tank stayed at around 70 degrees the whole time now i just switched to a extra 50 watt heater i had and keep it set on a low temp like 70 degrees an dmy tank stays at a stable 82 with the lights on. dont get the wal mart heater there a waste of $7 ,Chris

• 5 years later...

Chris,

What brand of heater did you go with for your 2.5 gallon?

I need one that will fit in the back of my AQ 20 HOB.

Thanks,

Steve

How bigs your tank? My lights keep my 6 gal at 77 degrees year round.

2.5 Gallon Azoo Mini Aquarium Mirror bay 11.5 L x 9 W x 8 H

Your temps do not drop at night?

Archived