inTank Media Baskets

So I'm thinking about buying a 40 gallon tank.......

lizbeth

I know, I know it's not a nano but I have to get a bigger set up for my soon to be clarkii pair that are at this time in separate tanks.

Anyway back to the question..... What do you guys think would be an ok price for a reef ready glass tank W/ a stand and canopy? I'm assuming that it's not too ghetto. The guy is moving and getting a bigger tank. (lucky guy) He's asking $100.00 for it. Hopefully I'm going to go see it tomorrow.

if the tank is drilled (should be if its a reef-ready, oceanic?) and in good shape that's a steal. you'd spend close to that for a new 40g (dimensions?) tank alone (minus the "reef ready" setup, stand and canopy) Hope it works out!

Lizbeth,

Sounds like a rip-off to me...run far away. Uhm...by the way, do you have that guy's phone number? :woot:

Just kiddin' - what a great deal, assuming it's in decent shape. I'll buy it if you don't.

Is this the standard 40 (48"x12") or a 40 breeder (36"x18")? I've been thinking for some time that the latter would make a killer reef tank, with a bunch of 96-watt PCs over it... :)

Anyhow, a few months ago I purchased a standard 40 (48") on clearance for about $45, tank only and certainly not reef-ready. Sounds like you've got a good deal. Are you sure this guy isn't sweet on you? ;)

Lizbeth -

Is the tank a 40, 40 Breeder or 40 Long? For reefin' I'd say the 40B is a best choice, it has about 18 in front to back where as the 40L has about 12 (40L is basically a shortened 55) and the straight 40 is in between.

Lot easier to aquascape with the wider base of the 40B. Not quite sure about pricing, but if it is reef ready/drilled and even in decent condition, you can't go wrong with $100.

-Ed

Thanks guys!

He says it's "about 36x15x18". So it seems a good size for scaping.

He says he ran it with halides and a wet/dry for a sump. Maybe I can talk him out of those too. B)

Wish me luck, hopefully I'll know tomorrow.

Archived