Cultivated Reef

painted acrylic

driftfc

well i painted the back of my 2.5mb black but now a couple of weeks down the road i really dont like the black and want to change it to blue. so my question is, is there any way to take the paint off with out destroying the tank. any help would be greatlt appreciated zack.

NO! Anything you could use to strip the paint from oven cleaner to strippers to solvents would toxify your tank. If it is plastic there is a chance the plastic could absorb the product, if it is glass there is a chance you could get it in the tank itself and only a heavy detegent degreaser would cut it, and that in itself would toxify your tank...

...abrasives such as rubbing compound would be a lot of hard work and would destroy the transparency of the plastic/glass...sorry.

You painted the outside? and Minibows are glass right? Spary paint (or any paint for that matter) should scrape right off with a razor blade and some water or windex.

Even if they are acrylic I bet you can still scrape it off. And if you did use something abrasive like wetsandpaper or rubbing compound. when you paint it again the color will be clear an shiny through the other side, cause it fills in all the tiny scratches.

But either way black is the best so just leave it :)

Archived