Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Will Quiet One 800 or 1200 fit in compartment?

kinetic

will a quiet one 800 or 1200 pump be able to fit and replace the stock nanocube rear compartment?

I'm trying to get an idea of how big the compartment is, and if aquapod is almost a direct knock off via the design of the compartment, then I can replace that pump with the Quiet One pump.

Thanks!

Like i said in your other thread, I would just use a maxijet 1200. It is a very quiet pump (maybe even quieter than a quiet one) and shouln't have any probs fitting.

I've got 2 MJ1200's running on my 23 gallon and I can't hear them running. Even if I unplug them and plug'em both back in, I can't hear a difference. Compared to the QO you would need the QO1200 to compete (296gph) and it's nearly twice the price of the MJ1200 plus the MJ is smaller.

Originally posted by calvin415

I've got 2 MJ1200's running on my 23 gallon and I can't hear them running.  Even if I unplug them and plug'em both back in, I can't hear a difference.  Compared to the QO you would need the QO1200 to compete (296gph) and it's nearly twice the price of the MJ1200 plus the MJ is smaller.

rbaby told me they were way louder. that's odd. I'll look for dB specs. I know quiet ones are less than 45 dB

If they are resting against something the vibration might be loud. I've got one in my top off laying on it's side and I diffinately know when it turns on. I guess it just depends on the application. You can see how I have my silent MJ's plumbed in my 23 gallon thread (see my sig).

Originally posted by calvin415

If they are resting against something the vibration might be loud.  I've got one in my top off laying on it's side and I diffinately know when it turns on.  I guess it just depends on the application.  You can see how I have my silent MJ's plumbed in my 23 gallon thread (see my sig).

ah ok, thanks calvin

I just remembered my dad is running 3 of them on a wave timer. He's using the suction cups and attached to the wall and his are silent also... Again, I think it's the application. The pump will vibrate like any pump and if it can move it will vibrate on anything it's touching.

Okay cool, that totally makes sense. I'll probably grab a maxijet.

Do you think one 1200 is enough? If the existing one is already 290gph (like the NC's) then getting the maxijet only to upgrade wouldn't be an upgrade?

hey koden, i was thinking of switching out my MJ1200 for a 900 and it's only been in use for 2 months and in perfect working condition. PM me if you're interested in a slightly used one.

The Maxijet 1200 just barely fits in the compartments of a 12g NC (you also have to cushion it somehow to keep it from banging the walls and making noise), I don't know how large the aquapod compartments are but I'm pretty sure a Quiet One wouldn't fit in there.

Also--a Quiet One is known to be very VERY quiet for its power, but yeah, between my Quiet 3000 and the Maxijet...it's my maxijet that makes more noise...otherwise they really should change their name :).

Originally posted by shao-lin nano

hey koden, i was thinking of switching out my MJ1200 for a 900 and it's only been in use for 2 months and in perfect working condition.  PM me if you're interested in a slightly used one.

you got PM =)

will one maxijet 1200 be a good upgrade for a 24 gallon? (say for instance in the nanocube). Doesn't the nanocube come with a 280GPH or so pump already? Or is this 1200 an additional one you put in?

Archived