Innovative Marine Aquariums

3"-4" inch millipede looking worm at night only anyone?

truekell

3"-4" inch millipede looking worm hitchhiking on my indonesian liverock. Veyr scary, long light brown worm looks like a millipede!!! is this going to destory my inverts and corals or is it a friendly creature?

Can't see to find pictures of it and no way am I going to cathc it, way to skiddish and afraid of light...

anyone have this? or heard or have pics?

Does it have legs, or not? Does it squish up really short and then stretch really long? Hopefully it's just a peanut worm, though 3-4" is on the very big side... Sure it's not light orange-ish with tufts of bristles, e.g. bristleworm? (Or possibly eunice worm?)

not a peanut worm nad veyr very reactive to light, I mean fast... I believe it has little legs like a millipede not 100%

AWWW that sub_worm images are haunting... now i'll never sleep at night... thatnks oogie

How? There is no way I am going to take out all the liverock just to hunt through endless holes of rock never finding the worm...

I need something that will eat it :) Or a mcgiver method without much trouble...

I have some mushroom polyps, they dont seem to have bite marks or damage of any kind... Man this LFS's liverock has way too many hitchhikers:

3 crabs hairy and ugly 1 is left alive

1 wierd clear worm/mantis shrimp hybrid creature

1 very large nocturnal worm about 3 inches long

20 small little water flea lloking creatures

2 odd snails one using a clam shell as a shell red in color

Originally posted by truekell

pic0131.jpg

Sometihng along these lines... not as obvious of legs/bristles... long skinny and evenly porpotioned...

Hmmm, sorry to say but it looks like eunice worm, which is same worm as link I posted for you.

Sorry!

ProFlatlander15

i lost a part of a GSP colony, a ric, and shroom to a eunice worm. he also tried to east my cany cane twice, but its hard-core and survived. i think i am going to try a bristleworm trap or something...

oh MAN i have one of those in my tank too!!! mine is reddish orange though... when it poked its head out, i seriously had a heart attack, those things are scary looking!!!

i thought that it looked EXACTLY like a terrestrial centipede or millipede... lots of lil legs/bristles along the side, definite hard exoskeleton, and interestingly, only three antennae at the anterior region... JUST LIKE THAT PICTURE!!!

anyways, i have had it in the tank for ~4 months now, and i have lots of rics, zoos, GSP, cloves, xenia all doing fine. i am only hoping *cross my fingers* that it is a good wormy... ive only seen it twice, and ive been looking for it, so removing it would be a HUGE pain in the arse.

Gosh this sucks, I'm now completely sure it is some type of eunice worm. I have only seen the worm twice, for just a second or two while it slithered around under the moonlights, so I'm skeptical on my ability to exactly identify it. I think I'm going to try to trap it... Anyone know of how to construct a trap that my cleaner shrimp can't get into? Maybe I'll be able to catch that gorilla crab hiding somewhere too haha... What kind of bait am I supposed to use for a suspected coral eater?

Archived