Top Shelf Aquatics

questions about nano cube?

fish_kisses

Hello everyone, currently I am running a minibow 7, but am wanting a more stealth look without having to run an external sump, and drilling a bunch of holes in the glass. I am curious about the "black wall" between the display portion, and the filter chambers. What is it made of? Also, just all around comments and thoughts on your nanocubes. Personal good and bad experiences. All info is greatly appreciated. Thanks

i had bad exoeriences..the first one i got (which was the first batch of 24g..) had a leak on the bottome of the tank in the back compartment so it didnt start leaking till the WHOLE tank was filled up...and then the second was the moonlights broke and the pump was screwed up...also i had a heat problem...its made of plastic...i dont think its acrylic but its deffinatly plastic

Josh

The back wall is plastic. I've had good luck with mine. It's been up and running for 10 months now and it's pretty much stock and I havn't had any trouble with it. I run floss in the first chamber, sometimes phosban or carbon in the second. It's not a bad little tank if you aren't into high light, high flow, high maintance livestock.

well I figured that I would retrofit my 32watt CF light to add to the already 48 watts of CF. Also a set of lunar lights, and a small light over the rear for a fuge like others are running. I would just run two hydor flo's to make sure I've got a good "wave" motion in the tank.

I've had good luck with mine. It's the old model(12g OG). I bought it used from someone that had it up and running for a year. I've had it for just about 5 months now. It's modified(canopy from reef canopy with 70mh and 28w actinic CF, cassette skimmer mod, mini jet 404 return pump, 2 tunze mini power heads facing each other for random flow).

My GF's office cube is almost identically set up(same canopy with MH, no actinic cf, cassette skimmer mod, mini jet 606 return pump, 2 via aqua va80 powerheads facing each other for random flow). Her tank is a 12g DX that's been up for about 2 months and is doing great.

Archived