Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

i have a anenome........

majic051

in my 10gal. i have a condy anenome hes about 5in. tall....anyways this wont be a problem for corals will it '? and if it is what can i do and is there anyway to prevent him from damaging corals?zzz

i would be very wary of a condy in a 10G, as they get rather large.

What corals do you have in your tank now?

Do you know the scientific name of it, as this could help for sizes.

rocket_155 wants a thawap to da head.

Do you know the scientific name of it? as this could help for sizes.

derrrrrr... Condylactis spp. perhaps?

lemme break it down fer ya.... ;)

KINGDOM: Animalia (thats animules)

PHYLUM: Cnidaria (thats Coelenterata)

CLASS: Anthozoa ( thats simple aminules witf specialized cells)

ORDER: Actiniide ( thats light loving sea An-eno-meeee-onees)

SPECIES: Condylactic (thats the purdy ones that eat fiesh and sting coralz and can releaze slime taht will totaly phuk up yer water quality in a 10 GALLON AQUARIUM WITH OUT A SKIMMER AND A REALLY GOOD POWER FILTER AND FULLY ESTABLISHED BIOSYSTEM.

hth:

PS: If there is another response to this thread, PLEASE make it intelegent. And YES im being Sarcastic. X)

beware the power filters! :o

my 5g's condy recently lost a fight with my prizm (even with the very low flow setting). :o had to nurse the sob back to health and transplant it back home. he's doing 'ok'. 8 months fine and then two days before i was going to move him home, whack!

it's sort of a baptism for all my anemones tho. :blush:

they get big if you feed them. if you keep them mainly photosynthetic (they'll feed on plankton themselves) they should grow pretty slowly. my oldest condy is about 3.5 years and hasn't grown more than 40% (then again he also lost a fight to a rio). X)

if you do get one, try to get a small one that's fully expanded/inflated at the lfs. they expand tremendously! ;)

I dont have any other corals yet in the tank.I dont know the scientific name.

So i was asking what else could i keep in the tank i am pretty new to this.Heres a few corals that i origanaly wanted to keep......bubble coral....finger leather coral....some mushroom coral a brain coral....candy cane coral and some others i dont know which of those would be ok with the anenome..................................if none of them are than what would be good?

thanks,;)

i'd tend to agree with dave on this for a small tank for someone just starting out. i wanted my condy as the center piece for my nano but it retreated to the back and stayed there very content. X)

the condy WILL dominate the corals. altho it should be a good stinging match between it and the bubble. they're better suited for the larger tanks imo because they WILL move around. and while moving around, sting everything in their path until they're comfortable and THEN proceed to kill everything around them. i've got a nice bald patch on my gsp's where mine finally settled. the gsp's can't grow back because of the stingers.

skip the condy unless you can settle for that being your only invert for a long while.

well i might not keep the condy then ........with the corals i mentioned they would all be fine right?and they have a mmm i cant think of the name but its a clam that only gets 6in. would one of thosae be ok?(without the anenome)

oh i remeber a crocea clam.....thanks,

Yes, I agree, you should go to the beginners forum with these questions. :) They are all reasonable questions and it is good that you are asking them, but you see, we are all starting to become concerned about Dave's blood pressure and I think he is about to pop a blood vessel. That would be the fourth one this month, and if the cleaning service keeps finding blood all over Dave's home they're going to start asking questions, not to mention charging extra for blood stain remover. That stuff isn't cheap, as I'm sure you know if you've ever had to remove a lot of blood from something for some reason...

Again, let me commend you on asking these questions before charging ahead and trying something you might regret. :)

Archived