Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Pump Advice Nano 24gl dx

mctaino

Hello friends i just need advice on a pump. I have a Nano 24gl dx with everything stock. I'm going to start with corals now and need better flow than the stuck pump. I'm only doing small amount of corals just the ones that will work for my tank. I'm going to keep my stock lighting for now....Thanks to All

is this one good enough Maxijet 900 & a Hydorflow

24gl Nano cube dx

2 clowns

1 anemonie

1 cleaner shrimp

cleaner crew

water is perfect

The stock pump in a 24g DX is rated @ 290gph & the MJ 900 is rated @ 230gph. Also the Hydor eats some flow in turning. Some pumps can handle the loss better than others. I bought a Hydor pump rated @ 317gph and it put out less flow through the Hydor Flow than the stock pump.

I'd get something to replace the stock pump and then add a 2nd pump.

I really like Maxijet 1200s. Extremely reliable and really put out a strong flow. When I had my 24g, I added another bulkhead with the hydor on it along with the stock bulkhead. Both had Maxijet 1200s. That produced a issue with low water levels in chamber 2 & 3 so I put a minijet into chamber 1 with a small tube into chamber 2 to assist with enough flow through the chambers. It worked very well. It produeced a good current with no dead spots. I would especially consider doing something like that if you are planning to put in sps.

I then used the stock pump for water changes and still broke! What a piece of cr. Very unreliable.

Archived