inTank Media Baskets

Lights off 74 lights on 83?????????

cenzo

I've heard anywhere from 10-14 hrs. 6 is probably too few. I feel your pain- I too have a new aquarium that insists on staying from 80-83 degrees. I have new lights coming- I'm going to see if a remote balast helps, but if not I too will go the fan route.

Good luck,

Kendra

You've got WAY too much of a temp swing as is, and 84's too hot. Can you install a fan or chiller ($$)?

I'm amazed that a 13W light can heat up yer tank so much...

Originally posted by ross76053

You've got WAY too much of a temp swing as is, and 84's too hot.  Can you install a fan or chiller ($$)?  

I'm amazed that a 13W light can heat up yer tank so much...

that bulb must be in the water or something. get some fans. i keep my lights on for a period of 12 hrs.

What kind of light/bulb is it? I have 2 13 watts over a 2.5 gallon and it rarely goes over 81 degrees. I would say absolutely get a heater right away to keep the temp somewhat consistant and would also agree that the water is a bit hot. The lights should be on an average of 12 hours give or take an hour.

I don't mean to sound mean, but you had better do alot more research on this hobby before you buy anymore livestock. 10 degree swings are very bad and wondering if barely lighting the tank to keep the temp down??? , well again, do some more research before you have a disaster on your hands.

I would hope it was. Just read alot more and get yourself a heater right away. The livestock will survive the 83 degrees but the 10 degree dip, thats not very good.

Archived