Coral Vue Hydros

MH in 12g

jpdutton

I new here,

I recently got a 12g jbj nano. Its the original model with a single 24w pc lamp.

Do you guys think its a good ideal to put a 70w mh lamp in?

My plan would be to take out the stock reflector and sheild.

Put a new reflector in with its back cover with that installation foam to keep the heat away from the hood. Replace the plastice shield with a sheet of glass and add two fans in the middle of the sides and two more fans above the back compartments.

Has many people made this mod?

Lots of people have put MH into their jbj nano cube hoods. I've got one in my 24g and would highly recomend one as long as you have an effective way of keeping your tank cool. You don't need to worry aobut the heat on the plastic hood...but do need to worry about the splash guard. I just replaced a section of it under the MH with an 8x10in peice of glass from home depot for like $2.

I've got a titan 150 chiller by aquamedic. My ambient temps soar during the summer and that's why I have it. Seeing how you're in Canada? your temps should be quite lower than mine in my Califronian summers. Maybe you should look into getting an ICA from nanotuners...it should help keep your temps in check.

i have 2 fans just blowing down on the water in the 2 stock holes in the back, keeps the temps around 78-79... but i have alot of evaporation... about half a liter a day

Archived