SaltCritters.com

Multiple Pom Pom Crabs

CGNano

All i know is they don't last long in captivity...and if they let go of their so called pom poms you can have little aneno. growing all over you tank.. Just my 2 cents.

I've had two for three years now, so I guess they can if you give them the right conditions.

Both of them have also split their anemones several times.

CGNano, i am going to retract my last statement..

Originally posted by coralcrazy

All i know is they don't last long in captivity...and if they let go of their so called pom poms you can have little aneno. growing all over you tank.. Just my 2 cents.

I did some more research on the crab..and lots of people are saying that it is fine. You got me so intrested i am putting two in mine lol...another question did yours come with pom poms or did it lose them?

here is the thread...i am asking other people just on the genral discussion forum... BTW you can put clams in a 2.5 but it depends on your lighting some need MH and the others would be fine with PC, but the smallest of the clams which grows to six inches needs MH lighting that is one of the reasons why i put MH on my tank. I think the clam is called the Crocea...the one that slipped my mind can grow in a 2.5 but get about 12 inches, just make sure you have another tank ready for them later...As long as you do that then i don't have a problem. Good luck with your tank idea..and thanks for the idea on pom pom crabs.

Mine have both kept their anemones since the very start, one has dropped one several time, and come up with a half of one which soon grew into a full anemone.

what did you do when i became an anemone? Since we both have 2.5 isn't that a problem? Once they lose them i don't think they can get another anemone? Right?

If they lose them both, they can't get another anemone unless there's one around... specifically from another crab. However if they lose only one, then they just rip off a piece from the one left... and it grows into another full one.. so back to two anemones. I have heard of some pom pom crabs that have lost their anemones actually pull some baby zoos or shrooms for their "anemones" to catch food.

Archived