Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

nano

grouper88

If i bought a nano cube 12gal dx what if anything would i absoulty need to mod if ne thing...keep in mind iam trying not to spend over 200$ but the less is better iam on a low low budget

Your better off just buying a regular 10g tank and buying seperate equipment. It will be about the same amount of money and you will have a much better tank.

10g Glass Tank: $10

Corilife 96w Powerquad PC: $90ish

AC500 (now AC70) modded into a fuge which is super simple: $40ish

$60 left over for other supplies...

I think that you would be much happier with that setup and it would cuase much less hassle of modding etc. I know that i made that mistake when i started out by buying a nano cube and having to mod it but i would have so much easier if i just had started out with a simple 10g. HTH

Sparkling_Surfer

What are you trying to keep?

I have a stock 12DX with a wide variety of livestock and everyone is doing well...the only "mods" I did was by replacing the stock pump with a Maxijet 900 & Hydorflo (rotating water deflector).

Mods aren't necessary unless you are planning to keep clams, anemones, or more difficult corals...

Start off with some nice zoo frags and something soft that will live under low light and slowly upgrade piece by piece. You can do so much with your tank(lighting,skimmer....etc) take your time and always buy quality. You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Thanks everyone..i think iam goign to get a 5gal; just because pace limits that arose over the past day or so but ty p and thanks ereefer and sparkling i was thinking of getting some hairy mushrooms or some ricordia mabey sim Zoos

coralife Aqualight Double Strip Light (12") is a good choice and for food, every 3 days a half capful of DT'S marine phytoplankton is great. Do not forget to Have NICE liverock and NICE live sand. also use chelated iron,calcium,strontium and molybenum,iodine, and some trave elements in very small doses once a week. I would also suggest a .5-1 gallon water change every week. In this small of an ecosystem water quality is your biggest issue, especially with one fish.

Archived