inTank Media Baskets

Can anyone recommend a tiny fan?

reefist

I want to install a tiny fan into the canopy I am making for my 2.5 I just set up. Is there one anyone can recommend? I have a 3" fan but it is too big and noisy.

http://www.sciplus.com/category.cfm?subsec...18&category=175

scroll down to the bottom of the page.... they run on 5v DC and you can get a power supply from them as well for about 3 bucks.

I picked up a couple and a small transformer for less than 10 bucks.... I'm mounting them in my hood on my 2.5 after having a few days of "heat issues" this past summer. The boys in the chat room told me they came off of video cards.... hmmm, Mmmmmmmkay.

Thanks guys, I will check out your suggestions. I will be installing a 9w blue with a 13w daylight into the canopy which I'm sure will raise the temp a degree or two. Must have homeostasis. Right now the tank's running 2-3 degrees above ambient room temperature, being heated solely by the ZooMed micro pump. The temp has remained fairly constant at 73 degrees. I was hoping the little pump would at least keep it at 75 so I could avoid a heater. We'll see what happens when I hook up the lights. I'm picking up the rock today if I can find anything decent. I was at one of my local fish stores last night and their rock looked like something they picked up out of the parking lot. I hope I have better luck today.

yeah reefist.... the "fanette" *nice name,hehehe* Sorry about that, I just found out the link I gave you doesn't take you to the page, just the section on fans. They don't say on the description but they have them labeled in the store as running on 5v.... I do have a variable output transformer I tried them on and they started getting a little freaky at 9+ volts so yeah, 5 would seem best.

After reading your reply about temp.... dude you don't NEED a fan, you need a heater!.... Your lights will prolly raise your tank temp a few degrees but when you shut them down the temp is gonna fall back down.... this happens pretty damn fast in that small a tank. I have a mini-thermal set to 80 in mine with 2x13's on it and mine stays at a rock solid 80. With the exeption of a few days this summer when the wife wanted to open up all the windows and "blow the stank out" ,hehehe So I picked up these fans for mine to satisfy her needs for fresh air, just the kinda guy I am ya know.... B)

My wife likes to air out the place too. It gets hot as hell here in the summer. Is your conopy fully enclosed or open in the back? I know I probably don't need the fan. Maybe I'll just wait and see what happens before I buy it. I will buy the heater though. The Hagen Thermal Compact 25w seems to be the smallest one I've found. I am not used to doing everything in miniature, thanks for all your advice.

Archived