inTank Media Baskets

red stuff around corals

want2benano-5gal

want2benano-5gal

hello again, this is about my 5gal. I have 3 corals that do not look so well these last couple of days and there are the same tiny red spots around the base of them and they are not picky they are on my Blue Ricordia, Hammer Head and 3 heads look punny because, and they are also on one of my Zoos at the base.

Please again, HEEELLLpppp

I do not want to lose these corals

Thanks,

B

Cyanobacteria? (Look that up) Or maybe it's some harmless growth unrelated to the corals closing? How's your water quality?

want2benano-5gal

water all tests normal and I don't belive it is cyano. I think maybe it is coralline because every thing purked up, I had a emerald crab die days before and I thought I had him out right away but maybe that is what messed with the way they looked. Thanks any way.

B

jenniebutterfly

i think you may have red planaria (red flatworms) suck them off with a turkey baster, give your zoas a fresh water dip, and then get yourself some flatworm exit, as they die, start sucking them out, they are toxic when they die. sometimes, the white ones will eat the red ones and take care of the problem.

Archived