Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyps With Sweeper Tentacles?

hicksonj

I was looking at my orange polyps today, and 2 one-inch long very skinny tentacles came out. They were the same color as the polyp skin and base network stuff. They moved around, got longer, than shorter, retracted, came out, and even grabbed a particle floating bye. From my searches, I though that polyps don't have sweeper tentacles. Could they be worms, sea monkeys :), or just me spending too much time in front of my tank.

pic!

i'm thinking the color is light greyish-tan or grey whitish? if so, then there's a couple of ideas that come to mind.

first, it isn't sweepers from the zoanthid but maybe another smaller coral/animal hiding underneath.

continuing that thought, i'd lean to a worm of some sort (terrebellid spaghetti worm or more likely its two-armed cousin). the two armed ones usually reside in the substrate tho ??? whereas the multi-armed terrebellid can go for the rocks.

long shot would be a brittle star but you should be able to note its reticulated arms, same for a coeloplana (a thin hairy tentacle thingy).

post a pic but i'm leaning to the terrebellids. :

Archived