SaltCritters.com

opinion on using Kents Iodine

TBone303

I have read a few post claiming that Kents Iodine will mess up your tank, is this true? I would like to start dosing my tank with Iodine for my new xenia, which Iodine suppliment is the best one to use

thanxs

TBone303

I've used Lugol's Solution lately. It's in much greater concentration than other 8oz and 16oz diluted products. Kent has a Lugol's Solution out and so do a few other comapnies. I'd go that route. I used to use Kent's TechI (iodine) formula and never really had sucess with elevating my levels. The Lugols did it. The only problems with it pretaining to nano reefs is that it's 1 drop per 25 gallons....might need some dilution if your tank is sub 25 gallons or trouble :*(

Some Lugol's even had directions for diluting and administered over xenia "farms":P.

Cameron

used kent's since day one. looks ok to me. i use all three: tech I, iodine, and lugol's. it's not really necessary to use all three. i'm just in the habit. X) lugol's is all you really need imo.

physh/cmore,

try this link for lugol's http://store.yahoo.com/herbhealers/lugolsiodine.html

i think you'll like it. kent's lugol's ($10/oz.) over the counter lugol's ($2/oz.). 'nuff said! ;)

Archived