SaltCritters.com

Thing of beuty (2.5)

xofinnocent

New lighting and clean up crew added to complete custom 2.5 tank. I added a smart lamp from CSL its 55watt 50/50. I ditched the skilter- and right now I have a little whisper filter to add circulation (with more flow control.) Added 5 crabs, 5 snails, and 2 Nas. snails. Also got a pep. shrimp but it got sucked up into the damn filter intake (stupid mistake on my part) now corrected with a temp cover. I also added a water pump for more circulation control (stole it from a water fountain in my room- was perfect size) re arranged the live rock for more circulation on the sand bed. I had a slight algae problem after 2 weeks but clean up crew is handling that just fine. I found a small creature growing out of my live rock- tentacles it has reaches half way across the tank- see what happens. Im waiting to put any coral in till I decide on a final filtration system. Im going to make a gravity fuge this weekend and start that up- also thinking of adding a mini sump that empties into the fuge that then empties into the tank ect ect. Well thats a lot of ###### to happen so quick but I want to know what you all think- Check out my web page with updates and more pictures. www.shadowangelproductions.freeserver.com:blush:

Nice! How many hours did it take you to arrange the liverock? I think it looks really good. What do you plan on keeping in it with all that light? I found that a little light goes a long way in these tiny tanks. hmmm... ...SPS? :woot:

Wait a minute! You mean to tell me that you have 22 watts/gallon? hehehe.

thank you- actualy my rule of thumb for setting up live rock is wehn you first get it set it up any ol way, then let it sit for a day, rearange it according to your visual astetic (makes yah think it looks purty), let it sit for 2 weeks and then for one last time move things around to provide good circulation and base for corals. after that you should have a good set up of live rock. And hell yah im gonna try some sps- i got access to a cheap peice of blue tiped acro- and i know the whole debate with acros and sps without MH lighting - but hell man i gots 22watts p/gal. So well see

xofinnocent - I just put an acro in my 2.5. I have a 50/50 18 watt next to a 13 watt Actinic 03. The coral is less than 4 inches from the lights. Oh, and I also have a homemade 27 watt on standby in case the lighting isn't enough.

Oh, and I also added monitpora and birdsnest. hehe :D LFS had a buy-2-get-1-free sale. DANG IT!

As long as I do water changes like mad, I think they'll be alright. We shall see. I'll have some pics up soon.

Archived