Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

sand or aroganite?

majic051

i have a 10gal. with aroganite gravel and im gonna start a 29gal. shoudl i use aroganite in it or would sand be better? the sand i woudl get is 3.79$ a bag its not live

What kind of sand are you thinking??? Aragonite sand would be the best, coral sand maybe second best ... silcate sand... NOOOOOOOOOOO dun't do it laddie

printerdown01

I'm with steve... See if you can find oolitic aragonite (aka oolite or shugar grain aragonite). This stuff is awesome! I love it! It is a bit more expensive (not as much as live though!). However, it can be mixed with a regular sand, i.e. a fine grain crushed coral or something like that. I actually prefer it mixed... Also, when you get your LR see if your LFS will let you suck up the "gunk" (or "crap") of the bottom of their LR holding tank. Mix this stuff with your new sand... you will have awesome live sand in no time! -just some of my thoughts... but if push comes to shove, go with the smallest grain size! And DON'T forget to wash and rewash your new sand!! This stuff is FILLED with dust (especially the smaller grain stuff)!!

Archived