Coral Vue Hydros

c-balance supp

heron

C-balance is a calcium, trace and buffer supplement made by twolittlefishes. It is a two part additive.

Has anyone out there used it before? If so, does it actually do what it says it does?

Many thanks:)

Well, It could not keep up with the SPS demand in the beginning (started with 10mL, then 15mL, then 20mL), but I suspect it's a "new tank syndrome" kind of a thing. Over then past 2 weeks, I've backed off to 15mL each, plus a kalk drip at night and things are rock solid.

Most of the 2 part additives are basically the same thing, but another thing that was attractive about C-balance was the gallon size comes as a concentrate, and you add RO/DI water to it. That saves about $20 in added shipping wieght.

I have never tried the 2little fishes version of the 2 part additives. I have used the Oceans's Blend and highly recommend it, if you can find it. My LFS stopped selling it, so had to switch back to B-Ionic.

Most of the 2little fishes products have not been well received.

Bob

I agreee Bob, but I think thats more directed toward additives like marine snow et al. where they don't say whats in it (ala Marc Wiess), just that it's better than sliced bread:) C-balance tells you on the bottles the exact "ionic" components (not the ratios of course).

I agree with the twolittlefishes coment.

I am also a hard core B-Ionic fan. Will never switch.

Been using it since day one of its release in my area.

Coraline grows of the charts, sps love it, lps love it, macro algae loves it. Cant say enough goo dthings about it.

IT IS a hassle at 1st to find your proper dosage mind you , but once you have it your set for life.

I use the Two Little Fishies C-Balance...like it just fine. Dose 1 capfull of both bottles to my 12g nano every Tuesday. Keeps Ca just right.

Haven't tried any other products, but might give the B-Ionic a try with my C-Balance runs out. Just to have some comparisons.

Archived