SaltCritters.com

what's needed for a stock 12dx?

mje113

Hi, I think I'm going to go ahead and pick up a stock 12 gallon deluxe... I'm not a hard-core reefer (and haven't had a reef tank for over 10 years... I know a lot has changed), and am planning on going a little light on the coral and live rock in the beginning.

So, what do I need besides the tank? I'm assuming heater, thermometer... but anything else you all would recommend? Is the included pump enough for water circulation?

Thanks

It isn't really the product that I'm worried about as there are plenty reliable 12g's available (mine was one of them), it's the company that I don't have confidence in. If anything ever went wrong with your cube (knock on wood), you're going to have to deal with them...and by the looks of how they posted here many weeks ago...even they don't have full confidence in their products as well.

Hey, thanks a bunch for the list... very helpful.

2 50W heaters? That sounds like overkill... I figured that one would be sufficient.

3 Powerheads? So, I guess that you're saying that the flow from the internal pump won't be sufficient?

DiverDownBrian

"2 50W heaters? That sounds like overkill... I figured that one would be sufficient."

One is for the tank. One is for the Water Change prep-bucket. I actually have a 3rd now for the freshwater top off bucket.

"3 Powerheads? So, I guess that you're saying that the flow from the internal pump won't be sufficient?"

Only one is in the tank. The other two are used like the heaters above.

Archived