ReefCleaners.org

Great ATO for Nano Cube Owners

rbaby

Hey Guys,

I set up this ATO on my tank because I was having issues with too much water getting put into my tank (with the JBJ ATO there is a delay in which the pump is turned off--my pump was too strong for its own good and would pump too much).

Here is my setup that would be great for Nano Cube owners because it uses airline tubing--so if you don't want to massacre your hood but want an ATO, this one is a good alternative...just hook it up to your ATO system.

I used this pump:

http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp...idproduct=KTALP

It has 2 places to put in airline tubing, one for sucking in water, the other for spitting it out--it's external so you don't have to worry about head pressure.

I have it set up to a 5g reservoir jug (grey line is the 2nd float switch that makes sure that when the water gets too low in the reservoir, the pump won't turn on so my pump won't blow...):

shao-lin nano

Great idea on having a second float switch on the reservoir. Which pump is that? The link doesn't work for me...is the the aqualifter?

Run into me everywhere? I've always been on NR.

ShaoLine yes it's the Aqualifter--and I'm using the JBJ ATO. It has 2 settings where 1: you put 1 float in the reservoir, the other in the sump to ensure your pump doesn't blow or 2: both in the sump in case one gets stuck.

Archived