Coral Vue Hydros

CRACKED Nano Cube!

aenty04

Well I guess I will take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Aftab and I am now a member of that elite cracked Nano Cube Club. I have been reading these Forums for a little over a year and finally felt I have something to post. I did note something interesting, I have owned the 24DX Cube since May of 2005 and it was filled immediately with water and running for 3 full months at room temp. Saturady night my wife and I put a heater in to actually put the first inhabitants in from our 65gal. Well we woke up Labor day morning to the sound of water hitting the roof. At least thats what I thought at first until my wife noted it is sunny outside and that it sounded like the tank. Ran downstairs to a semi aquatic livingroom of approx. 18 gallons. No need for an alarm when the sound of rushing water can wake you up. Well have to go make sure there isn't too much damage to the wood floor. Was going to take pictures of the tank today. Oh well!

PS Crack was the height of the tank from top to bottom at the right corner (if you are facing the tank).

If the tank was running for 3 months maybe the heater had something to do with it cracking. What brand was the heater? Where did you put it in the tank? What wall? Was there a hairline crack in that right corner did you notice? If you had put the heater in the tank when you started cycling it, maybe it would have cracked at that time and you could have exchanged it. You know? Either way, that sux dude.

nanoskimguy

Archived