Cultivated Reef

disturbing emerald crab pic

chufa

Well on a lighter note.....

I just got rid of my crab, but I got store credit for it at the LFS I purchased it from.

They gave me 1/3 of the price it's worth:angry:

Don't know what to get with $2, but I'll save it and see what else I can get. (doing research first ) The worst part was that when the guys at the LFS saw it they were pretty happy that they got a big one in. I seems as if I were doing them a favor???

OH well........

Hey guys. Squash all this. It's the holidays:D

I hope you don't eat seafood. My guess is the staff at Red Lobster knows you by name.

Actually grif, I don't eat seafood. Why? I don't like them killing the critters. I'm NOT a vegetarian though, I love eating land animals :)

cmoreash - I wish I'd known of your renegade crab adoption agency, I'd have been happy to let someone have him so long as they were getting a known quantity (in this case a sps muncher), but then, I wasn't even thinking how I'd hold him (SteveC's toss him in a bucket overnight idea didn't even dawn on me) I was so furious after losing another coral that after ripping the rockwork out that the only solution I had other than crushing him or something was the water grave I sent him to. At the time it seemed less brutal than a more physically violent solution, which yes, given my frustration I considered.

Lessons learned -

1) Emerald crabs may eat coral, even sps

2) there are folks out there who like renegade animals (I knew of mantis lovers, not of emerald)

3) confession isn't so good for the soul, it'll get you judged.

My emerald crab does the same thing it digs around the corals and looks like he's doing alot of damage. I actually pulled my one coral off the rock to see what kind of damage he was doing. there wasn't a scratch on it. If he is eating the coral I can't tell and his bubble algae eating outweighs the little damage he does.

If you really want him out. wait till he gets on a rock. then poke his shell with something not hard enough to hurt him just so he grips the rock. He'll hold on like a vise. then pull that rock out and he's yours.

grif, i feel your pain brotha. you kill one good for nothin coral eating menace and you get lynched. i bet stevec has a heart attack when he sees people eating lobster. they boil lobsters alive. just think of all those poor crabs suffering on beaches around the world when they get picked at by big mean sea gulls. im tearing up thinking about it. think of the pain and agony. and appearently maintaining your own oppinion and not giving in to someone elses means you are being a complete a$$ these days. peace brotha

Archived