Cultivated Reef

Shrimp Mixer

Bonster

I asked this question last week but didn't get much of a response. Question...Can I have various types of shrimp in my tank? It's a 29 gal. I have 1 blood shrimp at the moment, could I add say 2 peppermints and a couple of cleaners or is this too much and are they compatible?? Thanks for any comments.

printerdown01

I don't know much about the communal abilities of the blood shrimp, but all invert tanks are quite common. They are even more popular in picos! The peps and the skunk cleaners should be happy together... A coral banded shrimp is a BAD idea (you are probably aware of this). Also feel free to add in anemone shrimp (these can make striking additions), sexy shrimp, and porcelain crabs. Also skunk cleaners have been known to increase the zooplankton in the tank ;). ...I just want to make sure you are aware of the dangers in adding a pep to your tank! I have a pep in mine and have not had any problems, but consider this a fair warning!! Also, peps tend to stay hidden, and make occasional appearances.

Archived