Coral Vue Hydros

First accident with my cube, and sand added..

gilly76

I added 10 pounds of Nature's Ocean reef sand to my 24g today. It seems like 10lbs was too little, and I thought it was, but my LFS swore it was enough. I'll probally add another 5 pounds tomorrow.

1.JPG

2.JPG

And why the heck is it so hard to take pictures of the tank! stupid glass! I'll probally look into getting a better digicam for aquarium shots.

and here is my first accident. When opening the lid I heard a big crack and then the feeding lid came right off!

3.JPG

4.JPG

Is there a way to fix this? Maybe its time to goto nanocustoms and buy a new lid :)

ALSO, I found my first crack. It's a hairline crack, maybe 1cm long, it appears to be on the outside, I don't know if I should bother with taking it back to my LFS or is I could just add some clear expoxy on the outside to sorta arrest any developing cracks from it...

A crack in the glass? Esp since you are just setting up I would get a replacement before I went any further. Have you looked into the cracking issues the 24 in particular has had?

I have seen that. Should I contact my LFS or JBJ? I got it 3 weeks ago and have put off setting it up till I got my stand in(Tuesday). I noticed the crack this afternoon when I was wiping down the outside(too sloppy with checking the salinity!). I guess I can have the LFS replace the tank and lid and once I have everything setup I can bring them the broken parts.

Archived