ReefCleaners.org

Cable's Nano Cube - 80 days

Cable

This pic was taken two weeks ago when I added a frogspawn and red/pink zoos but I forgot to post. I also added some chaetamorpha to the 2nd chamber, and a seed population of rotifiers, copepods and mysis shrimp. Since then there has been lots of life in the water column. The halimeda on the left has been going through a amazing growth spurt and seems to be adding a new segment every two or three days. It is currently twice the size that is in this photo.

The frogspawn expanded alot more than it did at the LFS and I'm afraid that I will have to frag it in the coming months.

nc24dx_frogspawn.jpg

LOL. Ya I took this shot late at night as I get too much reflection from my windows. He was a little suprised when I turned the light on. The blue hermit scaling the tank silicone at the back right didn't seem to mind though. :)

Hey Cable...I live in downtown TO also.

Where did you buy your cube and what LFS do you get your corals from?

I am always looking for new places to get stuff and to talk to reef keepers in the area.

Also looking to buy small frags in the near future as my LFS only sells huge ones.

Thanks

Crypt.

Originally posted by Cable

I picked up my tank in Brampton at Aquarium Depot.  Some of my frags came from AD and some came from the Menagerie in Cabbage Town.  My shrooms came from Big Als in North York at Steeles and Yonge.

Yes i go to both of those stores. Have not had the chance to get to AD yet.

I live just a few blocks from Menagerie. Thanks for the info...i want to start my new tank off with shrooms once it has aged. Big Al's seems to have the best i have seen in the city.

-Crypt

Archived