ReefCleaners.org

Where to buy garlic oil?

kygeek

Its a little pricey but there is an aquarium version of it.

Garlic Elixir

My local fish store has it but its over 20 bucks.

I've used fish food soaked in crushed garlic and I've had positie results but its messy.

It'll be pricey no matter where you get it. Probably $10-15 a bottle. It may not be called "garlic oil" but "garlic extract, it's the same thing. Just check the label to make sure it has no other additives.

Any health food store should have it. Some grocers also carry it, look around the vitamin/supplement/homeopathic treatment area where you find crap like ginkobiloba. Pharmacies may also have it.

Or...buy it on-line

Jack Watley says don't use garlic oil, too messy, use garlic powder, I used it with my show guppies etc and so have most of my friends, all report good results. We just mix it in with the flake food and feed normally.

Don't get garlic oil, as it may leave a film on top of your water and just not get absorbed by the food all that well. Get garlic juice or extract -- from the grocery store!! McCormick's garlic juice is a fraction of the price. Example: Kent garlic wonder stuff at LFS: $10 for one ounce. McCormick's garlic juice at grocery store: $4 for two ounces. It's the SAME STUFF that's in the little tiny bottle at the LFS. (I know; I accidentally broke a bottle at an LFS and ended up tasting it! X) ) The McCormick garlic juice is in the spice aisle.

The Garlic Elixir is another thing entirely. $24/tube, last I looked.

Archived