ReefCleaners.org

NCM Tank

cranfordrd

I saw this tank on NCM's website quite some time ago and thought it looked like a pretty sweet little setup.... I got to see one firsthand later on though at an LFS here in town. They are actually made by a company here in Chicagoland (Westchester) or so said the paperwork with it. After seeing it... hmmmm, well, hmmmm, I guess it struck me as a bit cheesey.... no that's not the right word. Well let's say it didn't suck... but then it didn't strike me as a really quality ensemble. There were a few "quality issues" with some of the craftsmanship that bugged me a bit but like I said.... it didn't suck. I have seen some other "all-in-one" setups that I thought were much nicer.... um, they also were more expensive. You get what you pay for?

This probably didn't help you in the least bit did it?....hehe

Yes, it did help!! I want to do this right and my husband wants to do as little DIY as possible so we're exploring all options.... I'm now looking at the 7g (which he will have to retro with the CSL 32w smartlite) and the Via Aqua which comes with the lights so no DYI, decisions, decisions!

Thanks Glazer! Looks good but I really wanted to try to stay away from acrylic...all this research on hardware is wearing me out... I'd rather concentrate on the "live" stuff!

Archived