Coral Vue Hydros

Got my stand setup and added RO water, but how much?

gilly76

OK, I decided to stick with the JBJ stand for my2 24g. It's alot more stable and attractive than I thought it would be. I cleaned out the tank (and rinsed it out with a few washed of ro water to boot) and started adding water yesterday. I now have it setup and have the pump running, i'm looking for hairline cracks, none so far(crossing fingers) and i'm wondering exactly how high should the water level be? I have some pictures

1.JPG

http://www.hexcor.com/fish/2.JPG

the water level is RIGHT above the intake. I also got a hydor water delfector attached to my maxijet 1200, it looks neat, but the flow doesnt seem all that fast, but what do I know, this is my first tank! Iwas wondering if I wanted to hook the stock pump up, where should I place it? I am kinda hesitant on drilling the cube so would it be wiser to have it inside the front of the tank and let it just be exposed or hideen behind some live rock?

Finally, I pulled out the bioballs and sponge and was wondering what you guys reccomend using back there to assist the live rock

oh, and here's a pic of my tank with stand

2.JPG

and filled with water:

1.JPG

1st thing: reduce the size of your pics!!:P

2nd: The more water you have the more stable your system will be. Therefore I would put as much water as possible into the tank. The problem with doing that is your display water will be higher than the intake and you will be plagued with surface scum. Luckily for you I make a surface skimmer that will eliminate that scum!!;) See my millmods surface skimmer thread.

3rd: I have a maxijet900 in the 3rd chamber and a small Rio, I believe it is a 400 under the return from the 3rd chamber pointing at a 90 degree angle. It creates a nice flow and is small enough not to be a distraction or an eye sore.

last: LR and a sponge is all you need in the rear chambers as long as you have enough LR in the display. I will use chemi pure or phosban on occasion. If you install a fuge light some chaeto will help also.

Good luck with the cube,

Bob

haha, sorry about that, i'm on a laptop and its hard to see images unless they are large like that, but that first one was way too big! About your 3rd point, i'm kinda confused about how you have it setup, do you have a picture or a mspint diagram on how it is done?

I put my heater in just now and inorder to keep the heater at the right height(there is a mark where it says to keep the water level below it) I acually had to remove some water! oye!. and thanks for the info about your surface skimmer, you're about to make another sale!

Hector

Archived