Coral Vue Hydros

ID Help

ADough

I went to the lfs to get a ricordia, passing a tank I noticed a beautiful green tentacled type thing. The guy helping me (beavis) said he thought it was a rock anemone while the other guy (butthead)said something like mergosushi/ mogodishu I really have no idea, it was beautiful and about the size of a quarter, green with emerald tips. After my interest in it they just bagged it up and handed it to me. Went home and found it a good low light low flow spotfor adjusting. Well...this morning I looked at the snail shell it had come in and it was gone, It had moved from the lowest to the highest. Rock anemone? I took a pic but while downloading the 130 pics on my camera the batts died. So if anyone knows the correct spelling for the mushimushi that was mentioned I would be thankful. I'll post the pic as soon as the batts recharge.

Yeah, without a pic that would be my best guess. Considered a pest anemone, but some people keep them on purpose. Sometimes they're pretty cool looking. Sometimes they can get out of control.

Rob

After searching for it I found some mojano pics that look just like it. For the time being it's ain a 2.5 :( BUt everything else is photosynhtetic and do 2xweekly water changes, I'm hoping that lack of food and good water will keep it in check. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks Rob,

I've reposted the talk on Mojano in General Discussion. Hopefully I can get some more opinions. I appreciate your help in Identifying this.

you didnt buy it did you? I mean thewy gave it to you but you didnt pay for it right?

Personaly, I would bag it back up and have a talk with thier manager.

IF IT IS A MAJANO.

Reef_mad_man,

I did not pay for it. I think dumb and dumber were working together(at least there is SOME intelligence at the lfs!) Meanwhile, it has perched itself(lucky for me) on a brached piece of rock. I think I will put a plastic bag and rubber band over it and wait....? Will this work? At the moment I have nothing to feed in the tank, everything is photosynthetic, however I hope to put some more intersting things in there.

I'd just take it out before it sprouts off a couple of brothers into the cracks of the rock. They're very sneaky about it.

Archived