Coral Vue Hydros

Dosing Esv Bionic Daily

BRIANSTINYREEF

BRIANSTINYREEF

IM DOSING MY 7 GALLON BOWFRONT DAILY WITH BIONIC THE TWO PART CALCIUM BUFFER. MY QUESTION IS WHY DO I HAVE TO KEEP DOSING THE PH LEVEL OF THE TANK? ONCE WATER REACHES ITS DESIRED PH SHOULDNT IT STAY THERE? MY FRIEND WHO I TRUST TOLD ME TO SHUT UP AND DO THIS LOL. I PUT THE APPROPRIATE AMOUNT IN DAILY. ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS.

First off: Please turn your caps lock OFF please:P

Ok....now you need to be doing more than just a pH test here to know whether or not your dosing too much or not enough. You 2 part B-ionic is one bottle of calcium additive and one bottle of alkalinity buffer. You need to be testing you Alk/DKH and Calcium levels to what to adjust. Your calcium level should be around 375-450 and your dkh value should be 10-12 (or 3.5-4.0 alk level).

If you alk/dkh is higher than you need to cut back on the dosing of the buffer until you see your number fall in the mentioned range. That may include dosing every other day, reducing amounts, etc. Tha calcium will be the same.....higher levels than mentioned reduce the dose.

The recommended dosages by ESV on that product (and every other product by everyone) is a generic "start here" dosage. Every tank will have different consumption rates and each chemical dosing needs to be adjusted accordingly.

Do you have any Calcium and Alk/dkh test kits? If not, you should get some.

Cameron

all systems are dynamic and tend to depress pH after awhile from the various biological processes. :x also your livestock and coralline will continually use up the available resources. you may want to eventually backoff the dosage amounts or frequency but the system should end up continually using it to some degree.

Archived