Innovative Marine Aquariums

pink mushrooms?

wolffian

Hi folks,

Newbie to this forum but have learned and enjoyed it alot thanks..

I bought some live rock from a lfs had lots of mushrooms on it including these bright pink ones. They glow pink under blue or full light biggest is about the size of a half doller. Have not been able to find these mushrooms anywhere on the net, and haven't seen them in a lfs either, anyone know what these are and are they unique at all or need special care for a mushroom?

thanks alot

geez I hope this worked

if not, the pics are in my gallery

(button on bottom)

no real special care for mushrooms at all. IME they are the hardest coral.and for the pic, don't forget the address as well. in the "img" things.

go to the gallery so that you can view the picture. right click and go to properties for the picture. then copy and paste the url into this>> and those pink mushrooms look like red mushrooms that have been bleached a little bit...

Yeah, slightly bleached red mushrooms. Easy to care for, though. Go to the information section of this website.

To post a photo, go to the photo. Right-click on it and select "copy image location". Type this and click "paste" in the edit tab. That's it. :)

thanks guys

is there any way they can retain their origional color?

it was weird because they all are the same color pink

(all over the rock with different light exposures)

and the pink is very florescent.

No, they'll gradually gain back their red. If they don't, then they'll die.

Archived