ReefCleaners.org

Bullseye Shrimp

crazywolf

I was at the LFS recently talking about my tiny little tank and what inhabitants I could put in it. So when I mentioned a pistol shrimp the guy shows me this.

Not mine but this is the shrimp

I took a few quick pics of it when I got home but have not uploaded them yet. I hope to tonight. He quite amazing in terms of his digging. He has entrances and holes all over my tank. His main hole is under my large LR. He's quite bright in color much more so than the pictures I have or the site I linked to show. Brilliant orange and purple.

i have one. hes a devil, mine has killed: 5 sexy shrimps, 2 anemone shrimps. snails. he also drags frags of corals to build his cave.

maybe its just mine, but i wish woiuld of not gotten him,.h e also attacks my hand.

maybe others are diff. but from my. exp i would not recommend one. a randal pistol is so much better.

good luck

I'll keep an eye on him. Thanks for the warning. So far he has not messed with anything. Though it's funny I have some exoskeletons from a emerald crab that passed and he collected it all and stacked it up in the back corner. Maybe he wants me to take out the trash for him....hehe

i think as long as you keep him fed, youll be ok. i forgot to feed him sometimes and i think thats when he went after the other livestock.

He takes krill from my hand. I found out by accident hehe. I had just fed my candy canes and he was sneaking up the rock to take it. I grabbed another bit of krill and held it for him to take. It was very cool. He has molted once already.

Archived