SaltCritters.com

name that critter game- round 2

Auryn

as of no surprise

another weird critter has cropped up in my tank all of its own-its on a piece of rock thats been in the tank since day one

I first noticed it when i touched the rock to move it an I poked myself and it really hurt

so i started looking at it

its basically a cirlce of calcified material- crater like- and the edges of the crater are sharp spikes

a few days later I noticed a critter coming out of it

it has a trapdoor like appendage on its back so when it retracts it becomes flush with the crater

it only comes out of the hole a few millimeters

it puts out these threads- like a spiderweb like thread- to catch detrius and left over food- then it reels the threads in. The threads arent part of its body though cause i can take them out with a long skewer stick.

this is the best pic I could take so far

it seems to be growing as its tube where it lives is getting bigger- like snail u can see the new sections of growth

it seems ot be growing quite fast.

The second picture is a zoo frag I got sat night

it seems to have a few red featherdusters on it which are super pretty

however one of them is attached directly onto the side of one of the zoos.

I guess the question is

is it a featherduster?

and is there a way I can get it off of the zoo w/o damaging the zoo so that it can open up again?

spikything.jpg

the zoo w/ red featherdusters?? sorry for the streaky look but its in the corner of my nano

redduster.jpg

Those are red featherdusters, yes. Very cute. Nice calcaerous tubes, very cool, and nice color! Enjoy them.

On the first critter...Dang...It's a weird one. I'm really not sure on that, but the musuc strings make me think it's a vermetid snail.

should I remove the one feather duster that has planted itself onto the body of the zoo so the zoo can open up again??

the creepy thing has multiple tentacles it uses to retract the mucous lines

Yeah, I'll have to reiterate my guess of a vermetid snail. They're not at all snail-looking, and anchored in place.

Archived