inTank Media Baskets

When Kogut gets really bored......

Kogut

A pico happens...

My entire family (and most of my friends, including my girlfriend) have all declared that I am full of bologna when I say that "Saltwater Reefs are less work than freshwater if you keep them simple." So... I went to DeathCo today and bought a small tank (it's the same one that T. Durden has). Picked up some stuff for it... And made myself a PICO!

distance8ip.jpg

From a distance...

topangle4vo.jpg

Trendy Top-Angle View...

close2zv.jpg

A close-up of the initial setup...

crabs3yu.jpg

And the 2 hermit crabs that I caught to inhabit the new tank... (All my hermit crabs were missing when I came home today... I had to put a lot of food in the tank to get them to come out...)

cls8ja.jpg

Some silicone on the CLS is curing... (Thread from dhoffroad)

I still need to figure out what the lighting will be... I think I'll find a small PC fixture at work and rig something... For now, it has a "Full SPectrum" 18 watt light over it... Better than the crap that came with it... I'm using the little HOB that came with it (at the moment) until the silicone on the heater capsule of the CLS (from dhoffroad) cures...

I'll add more rock soon enough and I'll get some decent lighting that will support some more coral... Can't compete w/ T. Durden's LPS collection, but I'll give it a shot. :)

Oh... I'll be adding a yellow clown goby to the tank as my fish unless someone can recommend a better specimen. ??? (Don't say sexy shrimp or anything like that. I have a couple and want a small fish for this tank. :P)

Comments, criticism, and suggestions welcome! :) :)

cool man....ok two things first what is with the tube on the intake of the CLS ? and second just a little thing since you had to get a new heater (thank's to USPS), what you may want to do is run the heater in the tank for like a day or what ever to get the heat adjusted in THEN go and screw it into the chamber that way you don't have to take it off and on if the heater is'nt set up yet...

The tube was just put in there incase I needed something lower for my intake (I have a shallow tank). :P It's gone, now. It's actually running. The heater claims that it's "pre-set" for SW tanks... We'll see what my heat is when I wake up in the AM... It was a b*t*h getting the air bubbles out, though. ;) I figured it out w/out too many problems... :) I really want to sump it out like T. Durden did, but I have to think hard about that since it's right on my kitchen counter. The cost of everything for the tank was $66 (and ~40 for the CLS and heater)... Right around $100 w/out lights was exactly what I had hoped for. I'm proving that I can make my reef cheaper than a decent nano-cube (partly since I don't have to pay for special pro-crack glass). :P lmfao. sry...

There's algae growing on the glass, rocks, and sand! :) I haven't seen algae on a tank in my house in such a long time (damn snails!). I still need to adjust the heater, though... Everything is doing great at the moment!

Archived