Coral Vue Hydros

Freshwater tank

eferna

quiksilver5768

I like the FW planted tank. I have a 55 and after my 4 years of reefing (around there) ive started to realize how EASY planted tanks are! Yea it can be a bit tricky to start getting your CO2 levels right and etc but once its set up, its so easy. :) Thats one reaosn why i love planted tanks...they look really good while maitenance is still left next to nothing compared to reefs...

Its a 46Gal Bow front. Eheim 2213 canister filter.

Belive it or not I am keeping those plants on a 2X 30W NO light. 1 powerhead for circulation. Master Grow added weekly. Water Changes does bi-weekly.

No CO2 because my light levels are not that high. I have had to trim my plants in a month after putting them in.

Wow very beautiful! Makes me want to get real plant for my bettas. I'd love to have a reef tank in a bowfront that size!

wow, that's nice!   here is one of my freshwater tanks, a 20 gallon planted, 35 watts, and yeast co2 injector.

http://www.members.cox.net/cmoreash/ramtank.html

recently, i have had problems with hair algae, and my bolivian rams have killed all my amano shrimp, an oto, an american flag fish, and are thirsty for more...well. i am leaving town for 5 weeks, later guys :)

(Edited by cmoreash at 1:25 am on June 1, 2002)

Fishiebusiness

I do enjoy planted tanks. I was pruning my 55 gallon earlier today, i ripped out a whole bunch of water wisteria that was over running its designated spot.

That looks really nice.

I like the aquascaping work and the style you have used.

Yes, low light levels does work in a planted tank.  

Anything above 1.5watts per gallon, and it works reasonably well.  My current reef tank used be be a planted tank.

It looked quite similar to yours and have very similar plant species.  I also had a DIY CO2 on it.  It all worked quite well.  

I have a 75G freshwater tank as well, a Lake Malawi Setup.

I also have a 0.4G planted tank.  Ther are a few plants in it along with a few snails that I didnt know were there.

The snails seem to be reproducing as well.

Good luck with your tank.  It sure does look nice.

eferna- That is a really nice looking aquarium, and I really like the aquascaping. I have a 150 gallon freshwater tank myself, and have kept freshwater tropicals for 15+ years. Out of curiosity, what are the 3 fish in the top left, obviously swimming quickly? (Those were the only ones I couldn't identify, due to the blurs.) Do your Serpae Tetras nip a lot? I had a Serpae when I first started keeping fish that was the nippiest fish I have ever had, so I haven't had one since. I'm curious as to what your experience with them is.

You whats so funny. I dont even have a clue to what those three fish on the the top left corner are. I dont even know if they are fish. They can only be the CAE or the SAE from what I can think of.  Oh yeah I have had the serpae tetra nip the neons a bit when i first introduced them, but they have stopped. Also the white skirt tetras like to nip.

Archived