Pod Your Reef

FS: 36" 2x96W pc fixture w/fan/ballast/etc

halberstram

I'm looking to get back into the hobby (with a nano-reef setup), but to do so, I need to raise some cash. I'm selling the power compact light fixture I used on my 50 gal. aquarium 4 years ago. I think I remember buying this set of lights for $400 or more, and i've seen retrofit kits sell for $250 new.

I'm offering these lights for $200, buyer pays shipping (or if you're in central CA, we can arrange something else)

they include:

ballast

black plastic hood with fan, spray sheild, refelector

2x96W bulbs (one 10K, one actinic - both with apx 2 months of use)

edit: btw, the manafacturer is CSL

thanx

marcus

Yeah, i certainly thought about that, its just I was hoping to go for maybe a 10g setup. I don't know if I could handle the extra cost of live rock, etc needed for a larger tank. plus, water changes would be more of a pain - i wanted to run the setup skimmer-less and additive-less.

I need to the money to buy new (smaller) lights and live rock, and i'm not sure if i could handle or afford a larger setup (college makes such things difficult).

I suppose i should post this on reefcentral, though... not many 36" nano-reefs....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

price drop!

$175 + shipping

and i'll take reasonable offers if you can pick it up (santa cruz, CA).

once again, top quality lights, enclosure+ballast, great condition, bulbs with ~3 months on them, and a spare set of bulbs with probably 2 months left in 'em.

i'll even throw in a red sea berlin protein skimmer for $20 extra bux. (over 90% off!!!)

Archived