ReefCleaners.org

hello

Chaphy

hi everyone,

i am new to nano-reef.com as well as a newb. just got my 24g cube from LFS early this month, and have it running with one maroon only.

i think keep saltwater tank is very fun and good hobby, and i hope i wont be a terrible fish killer X)

last week i had alot of brown algae and red slime appeard on my rocks, and i just solved my red slime and brown algae are slowly dying off.

i think my only problem now is extremely high nitrate and phosphate...

later i will try to post my "rock-only" bored looking cube

please give me any comments and suggestions to improve.

charlie

Welcome!

Let's see,

The red slime, etc. is a normal part of the tank cycle. Next will come the green hair algae. :(

Phosphates: Make sure you use RO/DI or distilled water for your top-off and salt mixing water. You can also use one of the phosphate absorbers to bring down the level. Keeping this down will help control the green hair algae.

Nitrates: A rise in nitrates is a normal part of the tank cycle process. Water changes will help. Also, don't overfeed.

Flow: If you only have the stock pump in your cube look into adding another one. (I have 3 in mine).

Patience: You need to have lots of this. Don't rush anything and you will enjoy your tank much more. Have fun & ask questions! :)

thank you pet-doc and doncb.

i just purchase macro from ebay...and i think i will get it this week.

as u said donbc, i have some kind of grean plants that branched out..perhaps bryopsis..err...

i am using stock pump and two other pump blow against each other.. do u think is too much to have powerhead 201 and maxijet1200? because the LFS i used to go, said it would be too much water current...

by the way, wat kind of phosphate sponge do u reefers usually use?

i just purchased chemi-pure, does it help?

newb charlie

Archived