Top Shelf Aquatics

Is this Aiptasia?

Fishguy

Thanks for the prompt response.

Ok, I think I killed one of them on another rock.

it was kinda recessed into a hole, couldn't see it too well.. was being cautious.

it's a little obstructed from the front view.. Will keep an eye on it.

I've had some exactly like that. Nearly impossible to get rid of, and VERY annoying. Mine reproduced quickly, and loved to move around.

Hrm, I don't like how that sounds.

I've read they can come in some interesting color variations.. but mine doesn't even have any color to it.

Joe's juice it is.

Reef_Mad_Man

Joes juice sucks! use HOT lemon juice or inject it with a thick kalk paste.

BTW for the record I had then at one time and they DO propogate as fast if no tfaster than aptasia and they will move all over your tank like Flo said.

I dont doubt ya' tig'. Its just to get them under control so they will stay wher ethey are and not propogate you have to have PRISTINE water parameters. Most dont.

Some Majanos seem to grow and reproduce slowly, but this strain in particular is just noxious--and, as RMM said, especially in non-perfect conditions (i.e. no $400 ASM/Euro-Reef skimmer. ;) ). I'd kill 'em off, and keep an eye on the spots where they die, because they'll usually come back. REALLY tough to get rid of. Boiling water/kalk is the best thing for 'em.

Archived