Top Shelf Aquatics

Hello to all my fellow reefists.

reefist

I just signed up so please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Jason Temby. I have been a marine aquarist for 15 years and worked in the trade for six years, specializing in system design and installation. I have set up reefs ranging in size from 10-1100 gallons. I left the trade about two years ago when I moved to Madison, WI from the Washington D.C. Area. I miss all "my" tanks and have not set up one since relocating mainly because I live in an apartment right now. When I buy a house the basement is mine---my wife is very afraid! Tiny reef tanks have always facinated me so I look forward to setting up one. A 5.5 gal. is the size I will probably do even though I am intrigued by the 2.5 gal. I look forward to all of your advice and hope that I can contribute to this forum as well.

very cool Jason and welcome to the board. Nano's make peachy additions to apartments,hehe

Future basement is MINE MINE MINE as well....lol No aquatic playground in mind though.... more like workbenches, saws and other dangerous wood/finger eating machinery! Yeah baby!

Looking forward to seeing that 5 or 2 and a half all fitted out professional like ;)

Welcome! Nano tanks are extremely addictive:D. Sounds like you did the same thing I did. I've worked for local fish stores for around 10 years and ran my own service, setup, and maintainence company for 2 years and gave it up when I moved. Now I'm just happy to have it as a hobby again.

Cameron

Archived