ReefCleaners.org

Video - For those that don't the visit pico forum

ninjafish

Dude ! Excellent Video Editing. That Mantis is like something out of Alien ! What type of coral is the one that seemed to be opening and closing to the music ?

Whoa, I need to check my email morre often :)

Moe and Stanley - thanks guys, I'm glad you liked it!

Tigahboy - I just used a two-year old digital8 dv camcorder to film it. I have been drooling over some of the new equipment out there - like a high definition widescreen camcorder. Man that would be sweet! I'm glad that the quality of this one was still ok. I filmed about 30mins of footage in order to get the 3:33 worth of movie!

diverrk,

Ya mushroom head is right, that coral is pulsing xenia. It is one of my all time favorites. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to grow very fast in my tank (probably because I keep the water pretty clean for the sps). This xenia actually pulses a little faster than what you saw, I slowed it down a tiny bit in the video to match the tempo.

- Chad

drowning,

I know! That's what gets me to, normally you would never catch a hermit outside its shell - they even prop their new one up to the opening of their old one and dart across to switch. For a hermit to adandon its shell altogether?! Wow, that poor guy realized that it wasn't doing him any good at all...

- Chad

Originally posted by qualudethunder

Thats so cruel.. NOT

Awesome clip.

Somone should start a video clip thread. I'm sure there are a bunch of cool clips out there.

That's a great idea! They started one on RC and it probably gets more hits than any other thread there.

- Chad

Originally posted by nanomilk

Awesome video!!!!!!

I think Tigahboy is right on this one. Ike went through 7 hermits this week - maybe they should have all worked together instead of being grabbed one by one. X)

I am going to try stuffing krill inside an empty snail shell and making Ike open it up like a piniata - it would be a lot cheaper than live crab meat!

- Chad

Archived